One price delivers fifteen events of your choice. Includes digital access to all fifteen events.
Create Your Own Series
Pick four events of your choice to attend in-person or online.
Digital-Only Create Your Own Series
Pick four events of your choice for online streaming only.
The six-part Literary Arts Series presents talks and conversations with the leading fiction and non-fiction writers of our time. Subscription includes three books and digital access to all six events.
Ijeoma Oluo Presents: Our Existence Beyond Trauma
The brand new three-part community-curated series is curated this year by writer Ijeoma Oluo and presented in partnership with Langston Seattle. Subscription includes digital access to all three events.
The three-part Journalism Series shines a spotlight on journalists and is created in partnership with renowned journalists Timothy Egan and Sam Howe Verhovek. Subscription includes one book and digital access to all three events.
The four-part Poetry Series presents established and emerging poets for readings and talks. Subscription includes one book and digital access to all four events.
Women You Need to Know
The three-part Women You Need to Know (WYNK) Series celebrates artists, icons, trouble-makers, and visionaries. Subscription includes one book and digital access to all three events.
- Waived handling fees.
- Early notification of added events.
- Select “bring a friend” vouchers.
- Select books included with the following subscriptions:
- Literary Arts Series subscribers (except Student/Under & 25) will get a copy of Lauren Groff’s, Louise Erdrich’s, and Richard Powers’ forthcoming books.
- Journalism Series subscribers (except Student/Under & 25) will get a copy of Jelani Cobb’s forthcoming book.
- Poetry Series subscribers (except Student/Under & 25) will get a copy of Kaveh Akbar’s forthcoming book.
- WYNK Series subscribers (except Student/Under & 25) will get a copy of Maggie Nelson’s forthcoming book.
- The first 300 Patron and Grand Patron subscribers will receive a special SAL tote bag, mailed to their homes.
Show your card to receive the following benefits:
- 10% discount on books at local independent bookstores.
- 10% off Fran’s Chocolates.
- Free tasting pass to Woodinville Wine Country.
- Ada’s Technical Books
- BookTree Kirkland
- Book Larder
- Edmonds Bookshop
- Elliott Bay Book Company
- Estelita’s Library
- Island Books
- Madison Books
- Magnolia’s Bookstore
- Oh Hello Again
- Open Books: A Poem Emporium
- Paper Boat Booksellers
- Phinney Books
- Queen Anne Book Company
- Secret Garden Books
- Third Place Books: Lake Forest Park
- Third Place Books: Ravenna
- Third Place Books: Seward Park
- University Book Store
The health of our audience, staff, and the community is our priority during the pandemic. There is still uncertainty about how and when groups can gather. Seattle Arts & Lectures might have to look at altering our traditional program by rescheduling events, creating online-only viewing options, or substituting different authors in the line-up if our scheduled artists are unable to present. If the changed event does not work for you, you may request an exchange for another event, donate your ticket back to SAL, or request a refund. Thank you for your patience as the staff navigates the challenges of this unique moment in history.
Have a question you don’t see answered here? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.