- Ticket exchanges.
- Priority pre-sales for added events.
- Select “ticket for a friend” deals.
- Literary Arts Series subscriptions (except Student/Under 25) include a copy of Malcolm Gladwell’s new book, Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don’t Know and Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey’s new book, She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story that Helped Ignite a Movement.
- Poetry Series subscriptions (except Student/Under 25) include a copy of Rick Barot’s new book, The Galleons, and Natalie Diaz’s new book, Postcolonial Love Poem.
- Dining deals at partner restaurants.
- 10% partner bookstore discounts at the following:
- Ada’s Technical Books
- BookTree Kirkland
- Book Larder
- Brick & Mortar Books
- East West Bookshop
- Edmonds Bookshop
- Elliott Bay Book Company
- Island Books
- Magnolia’s Bookstore
- Open Books: A Poem Emporium
- Phinney Books
- Queen Anne Book Company
- Secret Garden Bookstore
- Third Place Books: Forest Park
- Third Place Books: Ravenna
- Third Place Books: Seward Park
- University Bookstore
Dining deals for subscribers generously provided by the following:
- The Capital Grille: complimentary dessert when dining in the restaurant before or after SAL events
- Davids & Co: 10% off of bill
- Loulay Kitchen & Bar: 10% off bill
- Mezcaleria Oaxaca: Capitol Hill: 10% off bill
- The Tin Table: complimentary order of Frites
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, alternate speakers and lecture dates may be presented. All tickets and subscriptions are nonrefundable. Seating is not guaranteed after events begin.
Super SAL Subscription
Pick 15 events of your choice, with associated books included at no added cost.
Create Your Own Series
Pick 4 events of your choice. Prices start at $149.
The Literary Arts Series presents talks and conversations with the leading fiction and non-fiction writers of our time.
The Poetry Series presents established and emerging poets for readings and lectures.
Shining a spotlight on journalists, SAL's three-part series is created in partnership with renowned journalists Timothy Egan and Sam Howe Verhovek.
Women You Need to Know (WYNK) is a three-part series that features and celebrates women authors, artists, icons, trouble-makers, and visionaries.
Although there is no formal series for SAL Presents events, they are available for selection in our four-part Create Your Own Series Subscription, or our fifteen-part Super SAL Subscription. For more details, scroll to the top of this page and click on the button under “Create Your Own” or “Super SAL.”
Although there is no formal series for Hinge events, they are available for selection in our four-part Create Your Own Series subscription, or our fifteen-part Super SAL Subscription. For more details, scroll to the top of this page and click on the button under “Create Your Own” or “Super SAL.”
October 23, 2019 7:30 pm