Event & Corporate Giving Manager
To support SAL’s annual development plan, strategic objectives, and revenue goals, SAL is looking for a people-centered, mission-driven, goal-motivated development professional to be our Event & Corporate Giving Manager, a new role at SAL.
They will plan and execute all SAL events designed to support the cultivation, engagement, and retention of SAL donors, partners and volunteers, including SAL’s annual spring gala and auction, a fall WITS luncheon, the annual Friends of SAL celebration, SAL’s annual Season Reveal, SAL author receptions & dinners, and other donor cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year. They are also responsible for the cultivation, stewardship, and growth of corporate giving to support SAL’s mission, programs, and goals.
Development Events (60%)
- In partnership with the SAL team, conceptualize, plan, and execute all aspects of SAL events that are focused on the cultivation, engagement, and retention of SAL supporters.
- Develop and manage all event timeline & production schedules to meet deadlines.
- Maintain a comprehensive calendar of SAL development events.
- Work with the SAL marketing & communications team to develop and execute all event and corporate sponsor communications strategies.
- In coordination with the SAL team, recruit, motivate, and manage fundraising event volunteers
- Cultivate positive relationships with all vendors, attendees, donors, sponsors, program participants, board members, event committee members, and other volunteers.
- Manage event budgets to ensure income and expense goals are met for each event.
- Manage all event logistical details, including venue and catering, targeted invitations and follow-ups, committee support, volunteer assignments; donor, sponsor and partner outreach; table captain outreach; auction procurement; general pre-production details; day-of event management, and acknowledgement of all contributors and supporters.
- Manage the execution of auction experiences sold at Words Matter.
- Create post-event reports for the SAL staff and board to assess the events’ effectiveness, track progress toward our revenue goals, and inform future planning.
- Use SAL’s CRM database to manage funder and donor relationships.
Corporate Giving (30%)
- In partnership with SAL’s Leadership Team identify, cultivate, and coordinate the solicitation of corporate funding.
- Develop highly competitive proposals and benefits packages for corporate prospects, and manage proposal deadlines and submissions.
- Secure and participate in corporate partner solicitation meetings.
- Maintain high-quality stewardship process for active corporate prospects and donors. Ensure that sponsorship benefits and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships.
- Manage all corporate giving logistics and processes, including tracking secured and pending funding; drafting and securing signed sponsorship agreements; securing logos; and tracking sponsor benefit fulfillment, acknowledgement, and payment in coordination with the SAL development, finance, and program teams.
- Participate in creating SAL’s annual development budget and fund development plan.
- In collaboration with the SAL team, recruit and manage development volunteers.
- Participate in and support SAL development events, public programs, and WITS programming by attending and helping to staff events, participating in on-site school visits, and supporting all collaborative organizational projects and efforts.
- Participate in SAL’s ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, trainings, and activities.
- A passion for SAL’s mission and programs.
- A commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Minimum three years of successful experience in a leadership role with non-profit fundraising events.
- Experience working with CRM databases, particularly PatronManager or another Salesforce-based system.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic, creative, highly collaborative team in a fast-paced, open-office environment.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal/relationship-building skills and a commitment to protecting confidential information.
- Flexible and curious with a sense of humor and calm under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required; comfort with Mac OS and Adobe product suite a plus.
- Able to navigate stairs to access the SAL office.
- Evening/weekend hours required (typically 3 to 5 times per month, September to June).
- Openness to a dog-friendly work space.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a 40 hours/week full-time exempt position. Salary range is $48,000-$54,000 per year (commensurate with experience and qualifications) with a benefits package, including:
- generous paid time off, including 20 vacation days/year starting your second year (15 days in year one) as well as sick, personal, and holidays;
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental insurance, long-term disability, and group life insurance covered;
- 403(b) retirement plan pre-tax distribution with a 3% match funded by SAL;
- flex time as appropriate;
- support and budget for professional development and growth.
Hiring Process & Timeline:
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews in early September.
- We will begin in-person, one-hour interviews in mid-September.
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round, two-hour interview (comprised of several shorter interviews with different teams), and we will make an offer shortly thereafter.
- Ideally, the selected candidate will start in mid-October.
- Send a resume and cover letter that tells us why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Submit applications electronically in one PDF document to email@example.com. The email subject line should be “Event & Corporate Giving Manager,” and please include your last name in the file name of your attachment.
- Open until filled. For best consideration, please submit no later than September 3, 2019.
Contact Information for inquiries related to this position (email preferred):
Finance & Operations Director