Donor Relations Associate
To support SAL’s annual development plan, strategic objectives, and long-range goals, SAL is looking for a people-centered, mission-driven, goal-motivated, data savvy, reading-and-writing enthusiast to be SAL’s Donor Relations Associate.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Donor Relations Associate will be responsible for coordinating SAL’s multi-faceted efforts to foster and sustain long-term, meaningful relationships with our many supporters through thoughtful cultivation of community donors, careful stewardship of all donors’ contributions, helping to engage donors in SAL’s mission and programs, and inspiring them with all that their support makes possible.
Annual Giving (30%)
- Lead the planning and implementation of SAL’s annual fundraising strategy for community donors giving up to $1,000 to meet revenue goals. This includes SAL’s annual summer subscription campaign, end-of-year campaign, monthly giving program, and collective community giving campaigns (such as GiveBig and Giving Tuesday).
- Assist with the preparation of donor visit packets/proposals, grant and sponsorship request packages, and funding reports.
- With SAL’s Development Director and Event & Corporate Giving manager, support the execution of SAL’s two major annual fundraising events – the WITS Back-to-School Luncheon and the Words Matter Benefit Gala & Auction, including registration, gift processing, and donor acknowledgement letters.
Donor Stewardship (30%)
- Lead the planning and implementation of an annual donor stewardship plan to increase retention of community donors giving up to $1,000.
- Work with the Development Director to support SAL’s annual major donor and institutional funder stewardship plans.
- Provide excellent customer service in all interactions with SAL supporters. Correspond with donors in a thoughtful and timely manner by phone and e-mail, and resolve donor inquiries and account problems.
- Maintain accurate and complete donor records.
- Coordinate the creation, distribution, and tracking of all individual and institutional donor communications, including mailings, social media, emails, and thank you calls.
- Create blog and social media posts, digital newsletter articles, news releases, recognition materials, event collateral, website content, donor emails, multimedia presentations, and other collateral as needed.
- Gather and organize quotes, stories, photos, videos, data, and audio to demonstrate SAL’s impact.
- Implement SAL’s individual and institutional donor acknowledgement processes, including tracking donor benefits fulfillment.
Database Management (30%)
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date records of donor contributions, events, and communications.
- Create and pull detailed donor lists and fundraising reports to track progress and performance, and support the analysis of SAL data to inform strategy.
- Coordinate workplace giving & matching gift processing, recording, and reporting.
- Track multi-year pledges, including entering pledges and tracking payments, issuing payment reminders, and mailing prompt acknowledgement letters and donor impact reports.
- Work with SAL’s finance team to ensure timely invoicing and payments of sponsorships and pledges, accurate recording of all gifts, and monthly reconciliation with SAL’s accounting system.
- Perform annual fiscal year rollover and set-up processes for development in SAL’s CRM database.
- Participate in creating SAL’s annual development budget and fund development plan.
- In collaboration with the SAL team, recruit and manage development volunteers.
- Participate in and support SAL development events, public programs, and WITS programming by attending and helping to staff events, participating in on-site school visits, and supporting all collaborative organizational projects and efforts.
- Participate in SAL’s ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion trainings and activities.
- A passion for SAL’s mission and programs.
- A commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Minimum two years of experience and a successful track record in non-profit development work.
- Aptitude and experience working with CRM databases, particularly PatronManager or another Salesforce-based system.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal/relationship-building skills and a commitment to protecting confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic, creative, highly collaborative team in a fast-paced, open-office environment.
- Flexible and curious with a sense of humor and calm under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience with social media marketing, MailChimp, Adobe Suite, and comfort with Mac OS a plus.
- Able to navigate stairs to access the SAL office.
- Evening/weekend hours required (typically 3 to 5 times per month, September to June).
- Openness to a dog-friendly work space.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
This is a 40 hours/week full-time exempt position. Salary range is $37,000-41,000 per year (commensurate with experience and qualifications) with a benefits package, including:
- generous paid time off, including 20 vacation days/year starting your second year (15 days in year one) as well as sick, personal, and holidays;
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental insurance, long-term disability, and group life insurance covered;
- 403(b) retirement plan pre-tax distribution with a 3% gross salary match funded by SAL;
- flex time as appropriate;
- support and budget for professional development and growth.
HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE:
- We will begin reviewing applications in early August.
- Phone interviews will be scheduled in mid-August.
- We will begin in-person one-hour interviews mid/late August.
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round, two-hour interview (comprised of several shorter interviews with different teams), and we will make an offer shortly thereafter.
- Ideally, the selected candidate will start in mid-September.
- Send a resume and cover letter that tells us why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Submit applications electronically in one PDF document to email@example.com. The email subject line should be “Donor Relations Associate”, and please include your last name in the file name of your attachment.
- Open until filled. For best consideration, please submit no later than August 4, 2019.Contact information for inquiries related to this position (email preferred): Amanda Carrubba Finance & Operations Director firstname.lastname@example.org, or 206.621.2230 x14.